Enduring back pain can be one of the most troubling aspects of daily life. Your back is the workhorse of your body as it connects all your other essential appendages. And, since the spine is a big part of keeping your back in optimum health, it can also be the source of pain that crosses throughout your body. Therefore, heeding these best tips for maintaining a healthy back is highly recommended.
Stress and sedentary lifestyles often contribute to the pain we experience in our backs. This situation often leads people to look for great inversion tables. Inversion tables are quite popular for alleviating back pain. They take the pressure off the spine and are even able to relieve additional pressure on the disks and nerves as well. If you don’t mind hanging upside down, this might be a viable option, but we have other suggestions as well.
5 Tips for Getting Rid of the Pain
If you’re like many people in the world today, you probably spend inordinate amounts of time in a chair looking at a computer screen. Often this position affects your posture and can be the culprit of the pain you are currently experiencing. Therefore, consider utilizing these 5 tips for getting rid of the pain:
- Monitor your weight. Carrying excess pounds can contribute to back pain. And, staying fit is always the first recommendation for enjoying the benefits of a healthy back. Your body is only built to carry its expected weight. Anytime you breach those limits you’re asking for trouble and pain.
- Have strong back muscles. Many people experience back pain after they’ve done an unusual amount of lifting or strenuous work. When your back muscles are strong they will give the necessary support your spine needs to keep it from hurting you. Follow this link for some great back muscle strength building techniques.
- Don’t neglect to stretch. While it might seem odd to stretch before you sit down, it can add much needed flexibility to help you endure long stints in a chair. Besides, it’s particularly beneficial once you’ve already sustained a painful back injury.
- Pay attention to your posture. As we stated previously, posture while working at a computer could be the culprit. Make sure you stay in a straight up position with your ears over your shoulders. And, if this seems way too odd for you, purchasing a chair that’s designed to keep you in a straight position might be beneficial.
- Focus on sleep and stress. If you’ve got a terrible mattress it’s no wonder that you wake up with an aching back. The best mattress to purchase is one in the firm to medium range. And, if your life is slam full of stress you’ll discover that people carry that stress in their shoulders. This will certainly contribute to your back pain. There are a number of great stress reliving practices you can benefit from. Learn more about them by following the link provided.
We understand that it’s often necessary to spend a good portion of your day in a sedentary position. However, you need to realize the effects it’s having on your back. Purchasing an inversion table for your home might be worth the expense. Otherwise, we suggest you practice the stretches found here to help alleviate your pain.