The discovery of germs has resulted in many revolutionary medical breakthroughs. Living cleaner also greatly reduces the spread of diseases and germs. But are our modern ‘clean’ standards too high? Many health experts believe that living too clean can actually harm your health. Your body needs to be exposed to good germs so your immune system can be strengthened and so you can be more tolerant against diseases. Living too clean can also harm your personal health. Washing your hair every day is one of the biggest cleanliness factors that affect your health in a big way.
How daily hair washing damages your health
There are many disadvantages to daily hair washing and the expense of your shampoo is the least of your warries;
- Hair loss often results from daily washing because shampoo contains harsh chemicals that will eventually damage your hair follicles if you don’t have any skin grease to protect your scalp.
- Shampooing every day strips all oils from your hair and leaves your hair vulnerable to natural elements like the sun and wind. The shampoo itself also ends up burning and drying out your hair when there is no oil to protect your hair.
- When you wash your hair daily you strip all oils from your hair and your body realizes all too well that you do need these oils, even if you don’t realize it. Your body keeps producing more and more oils which can result in permanent oily hair. This creates a huge cycle because you will quickly realize that daily washing becomes essential to combat oily hair.
- Wet hair is terrible for your health, especially during the winter. Wet hair can result in flue and even respiratory conditions if you don’t dry your hair quickly enough. It is also terrible for your ears to get wet every day because you can easily develop ear conditions like middle ear infection due to too much moisture.
- Washing your hair daily can also result in a dry and itchy scalp.
- Skin rashes can appear on your scalp because your skin is much more vulnerable due to all of the chemical stripping.
- Daily washing strips out hair dye much quicker which results in women dying much more frequently and the result is once again – hair loss or even balding.
- You are much more likely to start struggling with dandruff if you wash your hair every day.
Washing less means a healthier life and healthier hair
With all of these negative effects of daily shampooing it is quite clear that you should start ditching daily hair wash sessions. Washing your hair twice a week or even once a week is still hygienic and is much healthier. But how do you deal with all that oil? The solution is quite simple. Just use L’oreal Fresh Dust dry shampoo. This shampoo will absorb some of the oil from your hair so you won’t look all shiny and sticky and you won’t have to expose yourself to all of those negative side effects of daily washing. Dry shampoo can also save you heaps of time and a lot of money.