It is not easy to start a health clinic of your own since there are several things which need to be considered. But once you have aimed to do so, you can come up with numerous ways for starting it. Following are some tips that can be considered.
- Consider volunteers: Take into consideration the people who are aware of the medicinal study and laws. To attract physicians towards your start up clinic, post advertisements in newspapers, social media etc. For hiring volunteers, you can survey different school, colleges or universities.
- Consider different ways for raising your funds: You should not miss a chance to get funds for your start up clinic. Don’t miss any occasion such as auctions or collecting donations from people. You can also approach the government sectors such as the Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC) or the National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC). You must stay alert and try not to miss any chance for collecting funds.
- Promote your clinic: Once you have started up the clinic you will have to promote it to gain maximum clients. For this advertise your clinic and let people know what facilities you can offer them. Before posting such advertisements, it is very important for you to know the right segments in the market as well as which segments should be targeted and how. Get in touch with an expert to learn more about the segments, sectors and audience in the market.
- Set up proper location and interior of your clinic: The donations and charity you
get must be spent on the clinic and your clients. You must focus on choosing the best and ideal place possible and your options will include either renting a building or purchasing one (this depends entirely on your budget). Set the inside of your clinic nicely. Place proper desks, cabinets and sitting area for your clients. You must be having a proper solution for saving your clients’ records. Buy required equipment for your clinic.
- Get a license for your clinic: Before starting up your clinical work you have to fulfill some legal requirements imposed by the government. What you need to do is get a legal license from the medical board of your country.
- Go through the process of credentialing: The process can take several months. This process is basically the acceptance of insurance from the patients. For the insurer’s satisfaction, you will have to answer to his several questions related to your medical education.
Anybody can join the clinic depending on your knowledge and interest. It is not at all an obligation for physicians to join rather anyone who is willing to work as a receptionist, cleaner or any other requiring task can feel free to join. Just like doctors, journalists can also help in creating a positive image of your clinic in the minds of people. Get in touch with someone who can do a small write-up about your clinic. Stephen Collins is a political journalist who has been working for more than 20 years in this field. Currently he is the political editor of the Irish Times whereas in the past he has worked with Sunday Tribune and the Sunday Press. The clinic can be very helpful for the people. In fact, helping poor people by setting up such clinics can be a very good deed.