Cupcakes and muffins are common in our homes whenever we hold small parties, and even when we are taking tea. Everyone loves them, from kids to adults. They can be found in stores and bakeries, and there is also the option of homemade pastries. I personally prefer homemade cupcakes or muffins because not only is it cheaper to make them, but you can add in your own custom flavors that suit your taste. For those that don’t know how to make them, there are many websites that offer the recipes, and they could also purchase recipe books. In this article, we are going to look at some tips to making the best cupcakes and muffins.
When making the batter, you can attain the best tasting results by mixing the ingredients, namely eggs, milk, and butter, at room temperature, since their chemical level blends better, making them airier. The ingredients can be left to set for a couple of hours before baking them.
Using Yogurt in Cupcakes and Muffins
Yoghurt is used when you want to give the cupcakes a light texture and added tang.
Instant Way to Lower Calories
You need to watch the calories and one of the best ways of lowering them is by reducing the amount of sugar you use. This will work best if they are spiced muffins, things like cinnamon retaining the sweetness with fewer calories. Cinnamon is known to lower blood sugar levels, which is good for health.
It’s important to make sure that the cupcakes are the same size as this will ensure that they cook uniformly, and also reduce arguments about who got the bigger or smaller portion. An ice cream scoop can be used to put it in the cups instead of just pouring the batter.
Easy Way to Grease Muffin Tins
Throwing out the batter wraps can be done after greasing the muffin tins to make sure that it is completely finished.
You wouldn’t want your tins to warp while baking, and you would also want them to bake evenly. Bake smartly by adding water into the empty cups on the tin to achieve this.
Sunflour Baking Company Gourmet Cupcake Trends
we are now going to take a look at some gourmet cupcakes trends by the Sunflour Baking Company.
- Add flavor to the cupcakes by adding fresh fruit. This can be in various ways such as decorating them on the top.
- You don’t have to throw away old deserts, and can instead add them to your cupcakes to add flavor.
- It is good to combine commercial and homemade products for an almost homemade cupcake. Some of the commercial products can include things like peanut butter, chocolate, and vanilla.
- You can make the cupcakes more ethnic by adding flavors of certain ethnicities. Filipinos, for example, add cheese to their cupcakes.
- Use alternative ingredients for those that are vegans and those that don’t eat gluten by using non-wheat flours, nut milks, egg substitutes and plant-based sweeteners.
- Like we had mentioned earlier, you can cut down on the sugar and use other alternatives. You can also compliment the sugar by using things like salted caramel sauce, chopped pretzel pieces, bacon, chopped tomatoes and shaved truffles.
Cupcakes are a part of our lives, and it is a good idea to learn how to make them and even add flavor using some of the tips that we have mentioned above.