For many people, skiing and snowboarding is something that they just do for fun, while for others it is a sport. It is much more than just that because it comes with some benefits. In this article, we are going to look at the benefits of skiing and snowboarding.
Increases Body Awareness
Skiing creates awareness, and especially in children, since they become aware of all their body parts and they learn how to use each of the parts separately and in sync with each other.
Skiing and snowboarding is a great way for kids to learn more about themselves. They get to know their strengths and weaknesses, physically and mentally.
It boosts confidence, and especially if you imagine yourself moving down steep slopes without falling down. Each achievement boosts confidence and pride.
Enhances Social Skills
Skiing and snowboarding improves social skills and also creates respect amongst people. They learn to interact with each other while they are on the slopes.
Skiing and snowboarding is great for cardiovascular health while improving flexibility and strength. This is also a great way to lose weight.
Improves Balance and Coordination
Skiing and snowboarding require a lot of balance and coordination, and people learn how to use their core muscles while at it.
Best Snowboards for the 2017-2018 Season: Men’s, Women’s and Kids
Having talked of the benefits of skiing and snowboarding, we are now going to look at some of the best snowboards that you can find. They come customized for kids, women, and men, and they are also made to handle different terrains. The different types of snowboards are:
- All mountain snowboards – a jack of all trades for downhill snowboarding
- Park (Freestyle) Snowboards – usually used by freestyle riders in places like mini-parks
- Freeride Snowboard – these are built for people that love speed
When buying a snowboard, people should take the following things into consideration:
Below is a list of the best snowboards that you can find on the market today:
Top 10 Best Men’s Snowboards 2017-2018 Season
- Ride Berzerker – freestyle snowboard
- Ride Alter Ego – freeride snowboard
- K2 Carveair – freeride snowboard
- DC Space Echo – all mountain snowboard
- CAPiTA Ultrafear – park snowboard
- Salomon The Villain – freestyle snowboard
- Burton Process Off-Axis – freestyle snowboard
- Rossignol One MagTek Wide – all mountain snowboard
- Burton Flight Attendant – freeride snowboard
- Gnu Zoid Asym C2X – all mountain snowboard
Top 10 Best Women’s Snowboards 2017-2018 Season
- Rossignol Frenemy Magtek – all mountain snowboard
- Ride Women’s Rapture – all mountain snowboard
- CAPiTA Space Metal Fantasy – freestyle snowboard
- GNU B-Nice BTX Dots – freeride snowboard
- Roxy Sugar Banana – freestyle snowboard
- Arbor Poparazzi Rocker – all mountain snowboard
- Burton Day Trader – freeride snowboard
- CAPiTA Paradise – freeride snowboard
- Never Summer Aura – all mountain snowboard
- Burton Lip Stick – all mountain snowboard
Top 10 Best Kids Snowboards 2017-2018 Season
- Millenium 3 Star Jr – Girls’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
- Burton Chicklet – Girls’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
- Flow Micron Velvet – Girls’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
- Burton Chopper Series – Boys’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
- Roxy Poppy Snowboard Package – Girls’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
- Gnu Recess Asym BTX – Boys’ Snowboard – freestyle snowboard
- Burton Deja Vu Smalls – Girls’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
- Capira Children of the Gnar – Boys’ Snowboard – freestyle snowboard
- Rome Label – Boys’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
- Nitro Future Team – Boys’ Snowboard – all mountain snowboard
Skiing and snowboarding comes with several benefits, and it is encouraged to try it out. In the event that you’re interested in snowboarding, the snowboards listed above are some of the best that you’ll find in the market, and you might want to consider one of them for you and your family.