Smoothies are jam-packed with delicious goodness and numerous health benefits. A lot of models and celebrities swear by them, and lately, everyone has been catching up on the smoothie trend. It’s not just because they’re so aesthetically pleasing for the eyes, but also because they are full of nutrients and minerals if made with the right kind of ingredients. The best thing about smoothies is that they can be made out of anything and everything. You can put together the wackiest of ingredients and still turn out with delicious results.
Check out some delicious yet healthy smoothie recipes below that you can whip up in a matter of minutes.
Apple Cinnamon Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1/4 cup (25 g) uncooked whole oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 g) dried chia seeds
- 1 cup (8 oz) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) applesauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) peanut butter or PB2
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (7 g) (or sweetener)
- Put the chia seeds and whole oats in a blender. Keep grating them up until to the point that you get a flour-like consistency and texture. When it feels like it’s come to texture resembling to that of powder form, turn off the blender.
- Add milk and blender to the mix. Again, blend it up. It’s very important to have the right mixer if you want a real smoothie. Fortunately, 99mixers solves that problem for you by listing down the best mixers available for you along with prices, features and reviews from first-hand users.
- The next step is to add the applesauce, peanut butter and cinnamon. Again, turn on the blender and keep it on up until to the point that you get a smoothie-like consistency. If the mixture seems way too thick, you can add some liquid to it.
- Taste it! If it seems like it could use some more sweetening, add some honey to it. Otherwise, pour it into a glass and chug down the delicious and healthy goodness it has to offer!
Raspberry Banana Coconut
- 1 cup (8 oz) ice
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup (50 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) honey (or sweetener)
- 1 cup (8 oz) coconut water
First of all, add ice and raspberries to the blender. Turn on the blender for 20 seconds as this will help speed up the process. You don’t need to blend it completely. All you need to do is break it down so that you don’t end up with ice cubes in your smoothie.
Add in banana, yogurt, oats and coconut water. It’s important to cut the banana up before adding it to the blender as it makes it easier for it to blend. Keep the blender on until you reach the desired thickness and consistency for your smoothie.
Pour it into a glass and enjoy giving your taste buds the pleasure of tasting such a yummy smoothie!